There are several options for viewing and navigating these pages.
Top of page
left: dropdown menu: select "OLLI Courses"
'finger scroll' for long menus
right: Search box -- for within site; specific words yield best (fewest) results
Bottom of page
left; '<': previous section
center; 'up': up a level
right; '>': next section
left (on section pages): select from table of contents
Content updated:date when the page was last modified
Text / Image Size
- To increase the size of page elements (text, images), use your browser's Zoom command
Safari > View > Zoom Inor: cmd-+; decrease: Zoom Out / cmd--
Firefox > View > Zoom > In
Chrome > View > Zoom In
Safari -- stretch/pinch gesture
- To view larger version of an image, open it in a new tab or window
Safari > (ctrl-click image) > Open Image in New Tab/Window
Firefox > (ctrl-click image) > View Image
Chrome > (ctrl-click image) > Open Image in New Tab
Safari > (press image) > Copy; "+" (new tab) > Paste (address)
right-click image (for menu)
- external links (arrow icon suffix), e.g., Apple
- internal links (cursor change, status bar), e.g., Top section
- quotes, jokes: click on "..." (or "=" on some pages) to reveal more,
e.g., “I may not have gone where I intended to go, ...
- If you plan to print a page, expand any of these that you want visible.
Search within a page
- To find text within the current page, use your browser's Find command
Safari > address bar: enter text; popup menu (end): Find "text" on This Page
Safari > Edit > Find > Findor: cmd-F
Firefox > Edit > Find
Chrome > Edit > Find > Find
Safari > address bar: enter text; popup menu (end): On This Page > Find "text"
Several courses have "slideshows", e.g., CROSSWORDS and YOU: Applications: Crosswords on iPad; E-Books: iPad: eReader apps. However, due to a recent site software upgrade and lack of suitable, simple slide show module, screenshots are just displayed as a list of captions and images that can be scrolled normally (no special navigation instructions are needed).