- These online pages will be used for course presentation & resources (including additional article references and reviews), and will be updated each time I offer the course. The course link (URL) is in the course catalog, will usually be emailed to registered students, and can be found under the "OLLI Courses" menu item at top, or directly:
- This online version allows you to preview the course before registering, and to explore items (articles, web sites) that we skim/skip or that you miss, or want to refer to later; it also allows me to update the course easily with new or revised items. It's scalable and mobile-friendly for smaller screens. See Navigation section: menus, search, sizing, slideshows. If you need a paper (or pdf) version, see Handouts section.
- I plan to keep these pages available (and updated for current courses) for the forseeable future. However, you should be able to locate current & earlier versions on the Internet Archive (aka Wayback Machine); also, How to copy a whole website before it vanishes 5/23/2016
- For most topics, I generally provide a References section, with links to Wikipedia, HowStuffWorks, New York Times, and other sources -- these are good starting points, though certainly not the only ones, for further exploration.
- Newest articles usually appear at top of Reference sections; some older articles may be less useful / relevant for more recent versions of systems or apps.
- I usually recheck validity of links prior to teaching a course. However, the web is in constant flux, so if you encounter an error or 'broken link', please let me know the article name or link -- and the course page where you found it.
- Some sites may limit article access by requiring login or subscription, by imposing a monthly quota (you may be able to bypass some quotas temporarily via private browsing, or by clearing cookies), or requiring you to disable your adblocker (i.e., whitelist their site).
- Any images or other media provided on this site are for instructional/personal use and should not be redistributed.