All Courses: Introduction: NavigationAll Courses: Introduction: Navigation webadmin Thu, 03/12/2015 - 09:20
There are several options for viewing and navigating these pages.
Top of page
Home | OLLI Courses | Software | Enneagram
- select "OLLI Courses" from dropdown menu
- to select a main section, select its same-named subsection
- 'finger scroll' for long menus
Home > Search: locate pages within site; specific words yield best (fewest) results
Home > Contact: send me a message using a form
- left ("breadcrumb trail"):
Home >> OLLI >> All Courses: Introduction
- i.e., menu path: site (home page) >> main 'book' (e.g., all OLLI courses) >> current chapter (usually course) >> current section > ...
- click on a title to navigate to 'higher' element in hierarchy
- right (header):
+A / A / -A buttons: increase/reset/decrease size of text content elements; see Page Size
Bottom of page
left; '<': previous section
center; 'up': up a level
right; '>': next section
> left: previous section (or on section pages, 'chapter')
Printer-friendly version: see print a page
- To increase/reset/decrease size of text content elements (not menus, images):
+A / A / -Abuttons (at upper right, below the Search box)
- To increase the size of page elements (menu, text, images), use your browser's Zoom command:
Safari > View > Zoom Inor: cmd-+; decrease: Zoom Out / cmd--
Firefox > View > Zoom > In
Chrome > View > Zoom In
Safari -- stretch/pinch gesture, though this can require scrolling to view an expanded page
- iOS: Select "reader view" icon (to left of URL address) to display a plainer version of page (with somewhat larger text)
- However, this omits top menu, 'breadcrumb' trail, and bottom book navigation links.
- Toggle same icon to exit reader view, and navigate to other course pages.
-  iOS: Add your own "+/-" commands to the bookmark bar area
- Change the Font Size of Web Pages in Safari for iOS with Bookmarklets 5/22/2012
- To view larger version of an image, open it in a new tab or window
Safari > (ctrl-click image) > Open Image in New Tab/Window
Firefox > (ctrl-click image) > View Image
Chrome > (ctrl-click image) > Open Image in New Tab
Safari > (press image) > Copy; "+" (new tab) > Paste (address)
right-click image (for menu)
- external links (arrow icon suffix), e.g., Apple
- internal links (cursor change, status bar), e.g., Top section
- quotes, jokes: click on "..." (or "=" on some pages) to reveal more,
e.g., "I may not have gone where I intended to go, ...
- If you plan to print a page, expand any of these that you want visible.
Search within a page
- To find text within the current page, use your browser's Find command
Safari > address bar: enter text; popup menu (end): Find "text" on This Page
Safari > Edit > Find > Findor: cmd-F
Firefox > Edit > Find
Chrome > Edit > Find > Find
Safari > address bar: enter text; popup menu (end): On This Page > Find "text"
- Several courses have "slideshows", i.e.,
- CROSSWORDS: Puzzle Sources: Applications (=4)
- CROSSWORDS: Authoring (=1)
- E-Books: iPad (=3)
- E-Books: Authors (=1)
- However, due to a recent site software upgrade and lack of a suitable, simple slide show module, screenshots are displayed as just a sequence of captions and images that can be scrolled normally (no special navigation).
- This site contains some interactive crossword puzzles.
- Clues/direction can be chosen via tapping or cursor keys
- Use keyboard to enter answers
- The top of each puzzle page lists any special buttons, i.e., Check, Reveal