- 2010: Rubicon (TV show): Episode 1: Will Travers, an intelligence analyst at the American Policy Institute (API), spots related crossword puzzle [.pdf; Java] answers in multiple newspapers involving the government, suicides, conspiracies, ...
- A Way With Words (song) (video; 5:49) by Amanda Yesnowitz and Brian Cimmet at ACPT 2010:
article & lyrics: "I love words. I love words. I love glorious, uproarious, notorious words
Wouldn’t that be natural for someone like me -- A dame whose name goes literally from A to Z."
- Monday's Crossword (song) by Drew Citron, album Drew Citron; MayasMix @ 68:50
- Crossword (jazz) by Crossover Jazz Trio & Tino Tracanna, album 3 Words; MayasMix @ 03:20
- Crossword (movie): "On a significant day in her life, a lonely woman who finds solace in the daily crossword finds that the answers to the clues are all around her. Is it magic, coincidence or something else entirely?"
- 2011: CROSSWORDS and YOU (this course) first offered; Ashland and Medford [Spring];
different OLLI crossword courses: Santa Clara Univ. Fall 2007; Univ. of So. Mississippi: Fall 2009
- Maya's Mix Crossword program on Apr 29 (radio show) on KSKQ-LP 94.9 FM (Ashland); Maya's Mix on Facebook;
note: "MayasMix @ mm:ss" references are to start times to this program
- OLLI LINK crossword: "An OLLI Olio: Ooh La La" (Nov 2011)
- Puzzled by People (song) (video; 3:10) by The Streets, album Computers and Blues; MayasMix @ 07:45;
lyrics: "I'm pretty good at puzzles but puzzled by people / Sometimes you never find the answer
We never had a crossword (crossed word) / My words got lost and you never heard
I'm 2 (too) down you're one across the room / Beginning with I and ending in U"
- Mrs Parker & the Vicious Crossword (movie); "Mrs Parker was told by her beau that by solving a crossword, which he compiled, she'd know his true feelings. One hitch - she's stuck on the last clue, and God isn't helping."
- King Of The Crosswords (song) (video; 2:57) by David Mead, album Dudes;
lyrics: "Give him that pen and the New York Times / And his hands would start movin' in a blur
Even without a dictionary he'd be done in five / He's the king of the crosswords"
- 2012: The Computer’s Next Conquest: Crosswords ("Dr. Fill" (AI) at ACPT 2012); 3/17/2012
- Crossword Puzzle Stirs Controversy in Venezuela Neptalí Segovia, a veteran crossword writer, is accused of hiding a coded message urging the death of President Hugo Chavez’s brother; 5/11/2012
- 2013: 100th anniversary of Arthur Wynne's "word-cross"; expect commemorative puzzles later this year
- The Being Experience (movie); official site; illuminates the mysteries of the internal world by taking unruly excursions into the recesses of the mind. Will Shortz is in the interesting cast, but are crosswords or puzzles involved...?