- "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." ~Yogi Berra
- "Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: ...so long as I get somewhere.
The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough."
- Summary: it's ok to skip ahead or change direction, making multiple passes -- there's no right way
- fill 'easy' ("gimme") and FITB answers first
- about.com: 1. FITB; 4. Guess!; 5. Don't Jump To Conclusions
- HSW 8: Start with What You Know Right Away; HSW 10: Work in Clusters of Columns
- HSW 2: Avoid Intersecting Unfamiliar Entries; Wonder 4. Erase Your Answers
- Newsday Crossword Solving Hints