- A fun way to learn useful information about a variety of subject areas -- and maybe even obscure facts for trivia games.
- [Refs]: "All I know I learned from crosswords"
- [Refs]: "Crosswords improve vocabulary and increase trivia knowledge"
- Laid up in the hospital, a man passed the time doing crossword puzzles.
One day he asked a nurse,...
- "When asked 'What do we need to learn this for?',...
- "I want to know everything there is to know about Lewis and Clark...
- A man in a bar...
- It is said that once a Pittsburgh clergyman put up a crossword...
- search for "crossword" and add a subject, e.g., Shakespeare
- All I Ever Learned, I Learned from the Crossword Puzzles 9/13/2014
- The Crossword Revolution the value of knowledge, education, pop culture; 12/20/2013
- USA Today Crossword Puzzle Grants False Sense Of Intelligence Onion; 8/29/2007
- All I know I learned from crosswords MailTribune: Varble; 8/4/2002
- Crossword puzzles: a teaching strategy for critical care nursing 2/1994
- about.com Energy, History, Holidays, Kids, Religion, etc.
- The Learning Network (NYT) American History, Civics, Economics, Fine Arts, Geography, Global History, Health, Journalism, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Misc. (Sports and Games, Holidays and Seasons, Retrospectives, Skills and Learning)
- FunTrivia.com Animals, Brain Teasers, Celebrities, Entertainment, For Children, General, Geography, History, Hobbies, Humanities, Literature, Movies, Music, People, Religion, Sci / Tech, Sports, Television, Video Games, World