Helper App: Pkg Installer
Newt's Cape recognizes and installs packages from the internet (via NIE):
- it recognizes a package as a file that ends with .pkg
and has one of these MIME type/subtypes:
- application/x-newton-compatible-pkg (preferred)
- contains "newton" and ends with "-pkg"
- it confirms whether to install the package immediately, or add to Inbox for later installation
This helperApp example shows how to change this process in either or both ways:
- since a server may supply a different MIME type, you would see the error message:
Receive Failure [MIMEtype/subtype] unknown helper app; you can register this MIME type with
Newt's Cape for further package transfers (until this is de-installed or you reboot).
Note: if the package MIME type begins with "text/", you'll need to use Newt's Cape 1.4
to force a binary transfer --
otherwise, it removes/replaces LF characters which would corrupt the package.
Implementation details: advapi.htm.
Other examples: helpappi.htm, helpslpi.htm
Pkg Installer: The Form
For example, try:
Lee Moon's Doggie (~7K)
© Copyright 1997-2007, S. Weyer, G. Simon. All Rights Reserved Worldwide