Skip to main content
- Many versions/sources -- just try searching for "Internet History"
- Major events and trends are still unfolding.
- Historians interpret differently:
- what is important or relevant
- when/where something was imagined, patented, named, developed, or commercialized
- who was responsible
- This version of history reflects my own personal background and filters.
- The Internet intersects many areas: computers, technology, communication, society, ...
- The presentation will be mostly linear, but with some foreshadowing, retrospectives, flashforwards and flashbacks.
- There may be too much detail for some of you on some topics, not enough for others? How much practical detail?