Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Southern Oregon University (SOU) is "an adult, member-driven educational community established to foster intellectual curiosity and continuous learning"; it started as "SOLIR" (So. Oregon Learning in Retirement) in 1993.
Each OLLI program is self-governed and has its own culture and learning approaches; there are currently ~117 OLLI programs across the US -- find a campus in your area.
Since 2010, I have offered several courses at OLLI at SOU: see "OLLI Courses" menu above, or list of courses at end of this page -- both Ashland and Medford. A "?" prefix marks a few courses/lectures that I have offered or considered. If you would like to encourage me to offer one of these, especially in Medford, or have suggestions for other topics or related courses, please Contact me -- and I will consider these comments as I develop/update outlines, course proposals and curricula. I usually don't teach in Summer due to backpacking and other trips.
Here is a possible schedule of when I am might offer my courses -- generally just in Ashland.
|E-books||Internet History and Issues||CROSSWORDS and YOU||-|
|Crosswords Practicum: Intermediate||Crosswords Practicum: Intermediate||Crosswords Practicum: Intermediate||-|
- Steve Weyer: Confessions of a technology addict Ashland Daily Tidings; Aug 29, 2012
- Maya's Mix: Crosswords radio program, music and interview with Steve (mp3; 96:22); KSKQ-LP 94.9 FM, Ashland; Apr 29, 2011
- "An OLLI Olio: Ooh La La": crossword puzzle for the LINK Newsletter; Fall 2011:
- print [.pdf]: puzzle; solution; puzzle in newsletter page, along with short interview: "Clued in Cruciverbalist"
- interactive (app): Across Lite-compatible file [.puz] for an application, e.g., Across Lite, Crosswords