- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Southern Oregon University (SOU) is "an adult, member-driven educational community established to foster intellectual curiosity and continuous learning"; it began as "SOLIR" (So. Oregon Learning in Retirement) from 1993-2007.
- Each OLLI program is self-governed and has its own culture and learning approaches; there are currently ~119 OLLI programs across the US; OLLI Nat. Resource Center; find an OLLI near you.
- NYT: Older Students Learn for the Sake of Learning 1/1/2016
- Since 2010, I have offered several courses at OLLI at SOU; "OLLI Courses" menu (above) lists current courses; several additional course titles at the end of this page are prefixed with "?" (courses that I have offered or considered). Contact me if you have questions or would like to encourage me to offer an existing or other course. I also offer courses in Medford if there are enough students interested.
- Course summary / activity sheets (.pdf) created for OLLI Open House; 7/10/2015:
- Be Safer on the Internet
- Crosswords: Intro & Practicum
- Internet History & Issues
- Let's Program an App aka Anatomy of an App
- Steve Weyer: Confessions of a technology addict Ashland Daily Tidings; Aug 29, 2012
- "An OLLI Olio: Ooh La La": crossword puzzle for the LINK Newsletter; Fall 2011; print, interactive versions
- Maya's Mix: Crosswords radio program, music and interview with Steve (mp3; 96:22); KSKQ-LP 94.9 FM, Ashland; Apr 29, 2011