- ? Ask Steve to offer this again (I need to update, reorganize)
2012 Fall: Ashland; 2012 Spring: Medford; 2011 Fall: Ashland; 2011 Fall: AshMUG
- Sessions: 5
- Course URL: http://communicrossings.com/olli-course-e-books
- Are you curious about electronic books (e-books): what they are, how they work, when they arose and why you should care? We will learn about E-book history and formats and how to assess current eInk and tablet devices, such as Kindle, Nook and iPad -- and demonstrate eReader apps. We will explore self-publishing trends, tools and resources for authors. Depending on class interest, we will discuss impacts of E-books on readers, authors, publishers, newspapers, bookstores, libraries, schools and society. More about course topics and style below.
About the Instructor
- Session 1. Introduction: Syllabus and Course Materials (below)
- Why E-books?
- General Trends
- eReaders and Tablets: Introduction
- Features, Formats, Comparisons
- Session 2. eReaders and Tablets: Google, iPad, Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Overdrive, Other
- Session 3. Publishing Business; ...
- Session 4. Authors: Writing, Self-Publishing, Selling
- Other Issues [Part 1]: Bookstores; Libraries; ...
- Session 5. Issues [Part 2]: ...; Learning, Textbooks, Children, Reference; Fiction, Literature, Book Clubs; Newspapers, Magazines