Skip to main content
- Connect iPad via USB cable to a Mac using QuickTime Player
- e.g., Spring & Fall 2015: Be Safer on the Internet [Weyer]
- Instructor location: 3' tether from laptop -- length of iPad USB (charging) cable
- Mac: OS X 10.10+ (Yosemite) on laptop; classroom Macs are 10.9?
VGA adapter and cable to console Laptop port
- Win: not supported in QT
- iOS: 8+ (devices w/ Lightning port only)
- Mac (Utilities):
QuickTime Player > File > New Movie Recording > "v" > Camera, Microphone: 'iPad'
- If video not displayed initially, sleep/wake iPad
- Screen recording possible, but not necessary
- Easy to switch between Mac and iOS apps without reconnecting
- Display can reset & Mac can crash if no user activity, e.g., after 20 min.!
avoid sleep by adjusting
System Preferences > Energy Saver Preferences > Turn Display Off ... ?
- 7 reasons to love QuickTime Player 4/22/2015
- Make Screencast Movies of your iPhone or iPad with QuickTime 10/20/2014