- "What's a nine-letter word for 'fun'?
C r _ _ _ _ _ _ _" ~dictionary.com
- "puzzle-head: someone who's crazy about crosswords"
- "Remember, when you don’t know what to do, it never hurts to play Scrabble. It’s like reading the I Ching or tea leaves." ~Kelly Link
- "If I have to choose between cleaning and doing a crossword, it would have to be the crossword every time."
~The Crossword Lady in How Clean Is Your House #1 [video; 7:56]
- "Life is Shortz." ~NYT Crossword in Gothic
- One crossword buff used to time his cooking to coincide with the time taken to solve the daily puzzle. A friend tried the same but soon wrote a letter of complaint to a daily stating that his eggs had burst but he had been unable to solve the puzzle; a period of seven hours had passed since he began working on the answers to the clues.
- Modern Crossword Humor 8/16/2012
- Onion: Libyans Agree To Come Up With Something For Qaddafi To Do All Day In Exchange For Him Leaving 3/11/2011
- Why Do Crosswords? 9/21/2010
- NYT: The Crossword Puzzle Moment: Whence the Joy in Crosswords? 1/18/2009
- Crossword cravings: A passion for puzzles plus a love of language equals a lifelong hobby 6/1/1999
- Crossword Art I [video: 1:31]; abstract paintings
- NYT Crossword Gifts, Mugs, Dishes, Glasses
- cartoons: "Ashen & Noir" by Patrick Merrell