- ? Fall 2017: Ashland
previously offered: 2016 Fall: Ashland; 2016 Winter: Medford; 2015 Fall: Ashland; 2015 Spring: Ashland
- Sessions: 6
- Course URL: http://communicrossings.com/olli-course-be-safer-internet
- The goal of this lecture course is to help you improve the privacy and security of your personal information -- online and offline.
- It presents preventive strategies, discusses trade-offs and prioritizes practical steps to reduce your risks (even from the NSA!) for computers, tablets, smartphones and the "Internet of Things".
- Topics include strong passwords, password managers, software updates, local & cloud backups, WiFi and router setup,
browsing, email, messaging, encryption, malware, ad blocking, VPNs, social media, travel.
- Note: specific settings will be demonstrated only for latest macOS and iOS (iPad/iPhone) systems, Safari browser and selected apps.
- However, users of Android, Windows and other/older devices, with intermediate-level skills, could adapt configuration advice for their own systems, browsers and apps.
- More about the course: Introduction: Approach, Audience, Devices, Topics, E-books
- Below: more about the Instructor
About the Instructor