- "Do I rue a life wasted doing crosswords?
Yes, but I do know the three-letter-word for regret." ~Robert Brault
- ...the long line is standing still due to the clerk doing a crossword puzzle. Impatient, Lisa completes the puzzle herself, only to find herself addicted to the puzzles. Eventually, she becomes so obsessed with them... -- in Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words
- "The drive to fill in empty spaces is more likely a mental illness than a cure. While 'puzzle addiction' is usually meant as a lighthearted metaphor, the term contains more than a nugget of truth." from a book review of From Square One: A Meditation, with Digressions, on Crosswords by Dean Olsher
- Help, I Am Addicted to Crossword Puzzles 4/25/2010
- That Crossword Obsession 2/6/2010
- Meditations, Digressions, From A Crossword Addict 6/23/2009
- My Crossword Life 3/3/2008
- Why aren't crosswords more popular? 1/13/2008
- Withdrawal symptoms 2/8/2007
- Crossword Addiction Leads To Arrest 2/20/2005
- Confessions of a NY Times Crossword Addict 9/26/2002
- NYT: 50 Years of Crosswords: An Addict's Tale 2/16/1992
- Readers still divided over the value of the crossword
Why Do You Solve Puzzles?